Top Tips for Buying a Property
Buying a property – be it a new home, apartment, or land – doesn’t have to be a daunting task. If you are new to property or you are not sure of the area you want to purchase in, then you should take the time to do the research on prices and livable ratings.
Make a shortlist of areas that fit your lifestyle or investment criteria. Be sure to look at affordability so you don’t over-commit. Also, look at accommodation requirements and proximity to things that you will need like shops, schools, access to public transport – these are all important factors to consider before you purchase the property.
Other elements to keep in mind when looking for a property to buy include:
- Determine whether or not you are in the financial position to do so
- Identify whether or not the property you intend to buy will require renovations or construction work – and whether you can afford the additional costs
- Consider how long you intend to reside at the property, and establish long-term goals
- Ensure you understand the financial obligations that come with buying a home or property
- Work with a reputable real estate agent to ensure you are getting a fair deal!
Buying Tips for Investors
Investors will need to research rental prices, vacancy rates, and look at the overall return for investment. Define Property Agents can help you do the research and walk you through the buying process. We can make it uncomplicated and keep you well informed along the way. Our experienced property management team can do pre-purchase inspections for potential buyers to calculate its rentability and to see if it is in the right condition for rental.
Develop a relationship with a Define Property Agent or register for our buyer alert to get started. Be the first to know when properties hit the market by putting your details in the alert section of our website. You will be informed the moment a property within your budget hits the market!